Our students enroll to learn self-defense and strength training but what keeps them coming back is the family and culture that they themselves help to create. Thrive creates a community that is open, supportive, and encourages growth of mind, body, and spirit.
Professor OJ Domingues
Odilon “OJ” Domingues began his training in Brazil with esteemed Gracie-Barra Black Belt, Professor Rey Perez (ACRE BRAZIL) at the age of 12yrs old. In 1999 he moved to Northern California to train with Ralph “The Pitbull” Gracie. OJ went on to refine his training with the founder of Triune BJJ, 3rd degree Black Belt, Professor Stan Kendrick and CIA Paulista founder 6th degree Black Belt Professor Waldomiro Perez Jr. After 11 years of arduous and dedicated training, OJ received his Black Belt in November of 2009.
Some of OJ’s Tournament Highlights:
- 1998 – 2nd Place Estadual da Copa, Rio Branco Acre, Brazil
- 1999 – 1st Place Da Copa Rio Acre, Rio Branco Acre, Brazil
- 2002 – 1st Place Jiu Jitsu By The Sea, Santa Cruz, Ca
- 2003 – 3rd Place Copa Pacifica, Los Angeles, Ca
- 2004 – 2nd Place United Gracie, San Francisco, Ca
- 2005 – 3rd Place No Gi California Open, Half Moon Bay, Ca
- 2009 – 3rd Place American Cup
- 2010- 2nd place at Joe Moreiras international Black belt Challenge
- 2011- 1rst place at Golden Gate internationa Balck belt super fight.
- 2007, 2009 and 2011 – CBJJ & IBJJF Certified Referee by the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation
- USBJJF- Black Belt Certified
Ernest Wong has over 25+ years of diverse Martial Arts experience.
- 2x Consecutive US Open Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Silver Medalist
- Open Weight Kickboxing Silver Medalist
Holly Rios is our dynamic fitness professional. She leads Beach Boot Camp at Thrive Jiu Jitsu and Martial Arts. She is a Rockaway Beach, Pacifica Native. She has three children. Her philosophy in family and fitness is parents should lead by example. Leading a healthy, fit lifestyle our children can emulate. Teaching children to live healthy active lifestyles.
Holly’s class is a high intensity interval training one hour session which combines a cardiovascular with strength training. It’s a fun, challenging and unique workout.
It’s essential to carve out a piece of every day to make yourself feel better. Everyone needs to take the time to take care of themselves.
History – Public Safety Since 1994 – Law Enforcement Officer For 12 Years. Long Distance Runner, Weight Lifter, and Triathlete.